Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Surrounded

I sit surrounded by things that need to be done. 
  The past week has been derailed by sickness which visited each member of the family not bothering to allow anyone to recoup before attacking the next.  Lots of tissues, cough syrup and nap times have been used.  Antibacterial spray and wipes that I purchased yesterday sit on the counter top awaiting an energy burst to attack any and all remaining germs that linger on every surface in our house.
  So tired.
 I have lesson plans to copy for teachers, bracelets made of ribbon and pearls to make for a dear friend, dishes, laundry, an organizing project that I started before the dreaded "plague".   Yet, I find it easier to snuggle my four year old and read a book, something he has shown a sudden re-interest in, or sit and do nothing.
  And I realize that in all the mess and germs there is a certain feeling of peace in just being, just living in the moment.  Knowing that we had the finances to purchase tissues and medicine and juice.  Our King provided for us. Is His best that we never experience sickness? Yes!  But in the midst of the sickness were moments of sweet snuggling and forced "rest" which included book reading and story telling.
  Like Elisha's servant saw that the army of the Lord surrounding them was greater than the enemy army so we are surrounded by far greater blessings than hardships.  Sometimes we just have to open our spiritual eyes.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog so I could visit yours. I sure hope you are all over your sickness now. I wanted to make sure you saw the answer to your questions and that is yes, I keep the oil and reuse it, especially since coconut oil is so expensive. I also don't use as much at one time and just flip the doughnuts over. It doesn't take that much extra time ;o). Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete